Blacksburg Baseball Association
Fall 2008 Baseball Program Info
- Each fall, the Blacksburg Baseball Association runs a Fall Baseball Program to provide more opportunities for play, and to help players prepare for the upcoming Spring season by "playing up" (playing in the age group they will be a part of during the next Spring season). We think of this as a "developmental" league. While still competitive, the BBA stresses skills needed for the next spring/summer season. The league includes teams from localities we play during the spring Dixie Youth Baseball Program.
- All players must register, and pay the registration fee. Players of all abilities accepted. To register, print out the registration form (see links at left), fill it out, and mail it, along with a check for the registration fee, to BBA, 2900 Tall Oaks Dr, Blacksburg VA 24060. The registration form and check must be received by Monday, August 25, 2008. Make the check payable to "Blacksburg Baseball Association." Registration is by mail only; there will be no "in person" registration session. Season is expected to begin approximately September 1.
- Season Participation Fee
- Registration fee for all players is $80. Registration fee is due with the registration form. There is a $25 late fee. Blacksburg Baseball Association is a self-funded organization. Fee helps cover insurance policies, two-button jersey, fitted hat, team equipment, certified umpires, and field rentals from the town of Blacksburg. Remaining costs are funded by corporate sponsors. Make all checks payable to "Blacksburg Baseball Association." Please, no cash.
- A Child's Participation Age for Fall Baseball
- A child's participation age for Fall Baseball is determined by the child's participation age during next year's Spring Dixie Program. In other words, the child's "league age" during the Spring 20098 season determines their participation age for the Fall 2008 Baseball Program.
- Age Divisions
The BBA provides for play in four age divisions, shown in the following table. In the table "2009 league age" is the child's age on April 30, 2009:
- 6-8 coach pitch age group (children of 2009 league age 6-8) Availability of this division will depend on the demand in both the BBA and Christiansburg Parks and Recreation program.
- 9-10 kid pitch age group (children of 2009 league age 9,10)
- 11-12 kid pitch age group (children of 2009 league age 11,12)
- 13-14 kid pitch age group (children of 20098 league age 13,14)
- Approximately 15 games, depending on weather (about 12 games for coach pitch). Kid pitch opponents include teams from Auburn, Christiansburg, Pulaski, Radford, and Shawsville. Home games are at Kipps Elementary School. Away games are played at the respective team's site (e.g., Kiwanis Field in Chrisitiansburg).
- Corporate sponsors are being accepted
Please send any questions about our programs to
Please address any technical webpage problems to
This webpage was last modified on Monday, 11-Aug-2008 13:16:45 EDT